Thursday, March 19, 2009

Foot in the Water













I'd like to start this blog by saying: I am new to photography.
I did take a beginning photo class in college, when we still developed prints in the darkroom, but the course I took was compressed into a couple months of summer classes.
In the end it seemed more like cramming for an exam, where you remember what you need to remember for the short amount of time necessary, but without continual practice the knowledge fades from existence.
Which brings me to present day. I recently bought a new digital SLR (Nikon D40) and am in the process of trying to "relearn" all the things I was already taught. My goal is to become comfortable with my camera as though it is an extension of my being. Right now it feels more like a newly attatched prosthetic, and I feel awkward and fumbly with it.
All that to say, please bear with me. My hope is that, as this blog progresses, my photos will also.
I am going to make a conscious effort (a mid-year resolution if you will) to take more pictures, and to post as often as I can.
But enough blabbering for now.
Here are some pics I took after work last night at a Marina in Redwood City.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment